Ebook Readers for Ubuntu
FBReader is a free e-book reader available on Linux/Ubuntu platform.
FBReader supports all popular e-book formats – ePub, fb2, mobi, rtf, html, plain text, and a lot of other formats. The reader is very easy to use and lightweight. It has capability to create your own catalog. To make your reading convenient, it provides options to change colors, fonts, page turning animations, bookmarks etc. However FBReader doesn’t support encrypted (secure) e-books.
- Supported Formats: fb2, html, chm, plucker, palmdoc, ztxt, tcr (psion text), rtf, oeb, openreader, non-DRM’ed mobipocket, plain text, epub, eReader
- Readable from tar, zip, gzip, bzip2 archives
- supports a structured view of your e-book collection
- Auto encoding detections
- Auto generatation of table of contents
- Keeps track of last open book and the last read positions
- searching and downloading books from sites
- Partial CSS support for epub files
How to Install
sudo apt-get install fbreader
Launch Ubuntu Software Center from here: apt://fbreader
Applications -> Office -> E-book reader
From dash: Search for reader