NoMachine – A remote desktop client for Ubuntu
NoMachine is a great remote desktop client for everybody that can be used to connect any computer remotely over the internet.
NoMachine 4 is released with more features and bug fixes. Here is a summary from its official page.
- Seamless resource sharing and extended device redirection: connect disks, printers, USB devices and more from remote to locale and vice-versa.
- Built-in record & play: record activities inside the session or on the physical desktop, save them on your own PC and play back using NoMachine’s own player.
- The Monitor application in the system tray: check who is connected to your desktop, transfer files between computers, and get fast-track access to the server settings user-interface.
- The Menu Panel: during the remote session, control display and audio settings, connect devices, print, initiate session recording and much more.
- The NX network service: connect sessions via SSL-encrypted NX protocol and take advantage of UDP multimedia communication for data streaming.
- Server failover and multinode support: federate Enterprise Desktops and Enterprise Nodes under Enterprise Server and create a cluster with a secondary passive server ready to replace the active one in case of failure.
- A portal for connections via the web: Portal Server gives access to multiple Enterprise Servers via the browser from a single URL.
How to install
Download packge from below links:
sudo dpkg -i nomachine_4.3.30_1_i386
Search for ‘nomachine’ from dash.
Or, Applications -> Internet -> NoMachine
How to uninstall NoMachine
To uninstall run below command from terminal:
sudo dpkg -r nomachine
NoMachine Screenshot, Logo Credit: NoMachine
Ubuntu Logo: Canonical