RedNotebook – A Modern Diary and Journal for Ubuntu
RedNotebook is a modern journal which includes a calendar navigation, customizable templates, export functionality and word clouds. You can also format, tag and search your entries. It also support Twitter style hash-tags.
RedNotebook released latest 1.9.0 version with features and bug fixes.
RedNotebook Feature Summary and bug fixes
- Format your text bold, italic or underlined
- Insert Images, files and links to websites
- Links and mail addresses are recognized automatically
- Spell Check
- Automatic saving
- Backup to zip archive
- Word Clouds with most often used words and tags
- Export the journal to PDF, HTML, Latex or plain text
- The data is stored in plain text files, no database is needed
- Translated into more than 30 languages
How to install – using Terminal
To install RedNotebook in Ubuntu using terminal run below commands in sequence. Enter password when prompted.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rednotebook/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install rednotebook
- Type RedNotebook in dash. Click the launcher icon.
- For Gnome, go to Applications -> Office -> RedNotebook
How to uninstall
To uninstall xyz run below commands in terminal.
sudo apt-get remove rednotebook