Cuttlefish – An Event Driven Ubuntu App that Realises Reflexes on your Computer
Cuttlefish is an Ubuntu app which automates activities in your system based on selected events. Say you want to stop playing Rhythmbox when a USB is plugged, you can have it set up using Cuttlefish.
Events that can be programmed using Cattlefish:
- Application starts
- Application stops
- At a specific time of day
- Bluetooth activation, deactivation
- Bluetooth connects, disconnets
- Connect, Disconnect to WLAN
- Screen is locked, unlocked
- USB device plugged in, unplugged
How to install – using Terminal
To install Cuttlefish in Ubuntu using terminal run below commands in sequence. Enter password when prompted.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cuttlefish
Note: This app is not updated for more than 2 years in Launchpad. Still you can give it a try.
- Type Cuttlefish in dash. Click the launcher icon.
- For Gnome, go to Applications -> Accessories -> Cuttlefish
- Website: Cuttlefish
Troubleshooting and Support
If you face any issues while installing or using Cuttlefish, you may drop a note using comment section at the end of this article, Or you can post your query in any of the support channels mentioned below.
- Generic Ubuntu Forum: Ask Ubuntu
How to uninstall
To uninstall Cuttlefish run below commands in terminal.
sudo apt-get remove cuttlefish