Automate Softwares Installations after Initial Ubuntu Installation using Ubuntu After Install
Ubuntu and its flavours comes pre-loaded with basic softwares that is needed. But to install the other popular useful extra softwares/apps, one needs to install each one of them separately. Ubuntu After Install just fit the gap and it shows some popular useful software list from which you can select and click install and you can sit back and relax.
Ubuntu After Install 2.6 beta is a personal project of its creator ‘the fan club’ and work-in-progress. Still you can give it a try as its very useful to new users as well pro users who just need to automate some of the best softwares that is needed to be installed in a fresh system.
The application installs the latest version of the software list it provides and add the ppa of those to keep it up-to-date.
Softwares available to install
- Ubuntu Restricted Extras video codecs and Flash Plugin
- libdvdcss to enable DVD playback
- Unity Tweak Tool to tweak your desktop settings
- Numix Circle Icons to add style to your desktop
- Variety is a feature rich wallpaper changer for Ubuntu
- My Weather Indicator for local weather information
- Google Chrome is arguably the best browser available
- Tor Browser for anonymous internet browsing
- LibreOffice is the complete open source Office software replacement
- Skype offers text, voice and video chat
- Pidgin all in one instant messenger
- DropBox will sync your DropBox cloud storage
- VLC will play any video file you can imagine
- KODI is a complete home media center experience
- Radio Tray will stream online radio to your desktop
- Spotify for your music streaming needs
- GIMP is powerful image editing software
- Darktable allows photographers to process RAW files
- Inkscape is vector based illustration and graphics editor
- Scribus professional quality desktop publishing software
- OpenShot is a great video editor ideal for most users
- Kdenlive for more advanced video editing
- Handbrake to convert DVD’s and videos for mobile devices
- Audacity for music and sound editing
- Steam gaming platform for unlimited gaming joy on Linux
- KeePass to store all your passwords securely
- Shutter allows you to do easy screenshots
- FileZilla for FTP file up- and downloads
- BleachBit for secure file and history delete
- Samba allows for windows network sharing
- PDF Tools to merge, cut, append and edit PDF documents
- p7zip adds the powerful 7zip file compression and decompression
- Oracle Java 7 ads full Java software support
For more list of softwares visit software selection page.
How to Install
To Install Ubuntu After Install run below commands from terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:thefanclub/ubuntu-after-install
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-after-install
Or, you can download the deb file directly using below link:
Ubuntu After Install ver2.6 32/64 bit
After installation, find ‘Ubuntu After Install’ from application menu or type ‘Ubuntu After Install’ in dash.
You can choose the softwares to be installed and click install now button to begin the installation. Please wait as it would take some time as multiple softwares to be installed. Once installed successfully, a green dot will appear beside the corresponding software. If the software is not available Or some problem with the software, a red dot would appear.