Manage, Convert Your e-book Library Using Calibre in Ubuntu, Linux Mint
Calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application available in Ubuntu, Linux Mint and other Linux platforms.
Calibre recently released latest version 2.31.0 with some new features and bug fixes. For details visit Calibre 2.31.0 change-log.
Calibre Feature Summary
- Library Management: search, tag, comment, sort by Title, Author, Date added, Date published, Size, Rating, Series
- E-book conversion: It can convert almost all types of ebook format to all. Complete list of format types available here.
- Syncing to e-book reader devices
- Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
- Comprehensive e-book viewer
- Content server for online access to your book collection
- E-book editor for the major e-book formats
How to install – using Terminal
To install Calibre latest release in Ubuntu using terminal run below commands in sequence. Enter password when prompted.
sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failed\n'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"
- Type Calibre in dash. Click the launcher icon.
- From Menu find it under Applications
Troubleshooting and Support
If you face any issues while installing or using Calibre, you may drop a note using comment section at the end of this article, Or you can post your query in any of the support channels mentioned below.