Avidemux 2.6.12 Released – How to Install in Ubuntu, Linux Mint
Avidemux is a free and open source non-linear video and audio editor used for simple filtering, cutting and encoding jobs.
It has ability to automate tasks using Jobs and scripting. Avidemux supports multiple popular file formats for editing e.g. AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF.
Avidemux recently released version 2.6.12 which is a minor release with bug fixes, enhancements.
Avidemux 2.6.12 Release Highlights
- [H264] Fixed crash when saving h264 annexB in avi (Brundle)
- [Vdpau] Fixed VDPAU resize and deinterlace when height is padded
- [Mkv] Faster loading of VP9 and h265
- [MP4] Supports more flavors of H265
- [i18n] Spanish translation update by ringmaster
- [Edit] Another frame seeking bug fixed, happened rarely
- [All] Slightly better crash handler
- [FFmpeg]Update to 2.7.6
- [Muxer] Basic webm support
- [Jobs] Fixed right-click menus with qt5
–via release notes
How to Install
Ubuntu, Linux Mint, elementary
Add getdeb repository using below steps:
- Open Software & Updates and click on Other Software Tab
- Click on ADD
- Put any of the below line (based on your distribution) and press OK
deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu trusty-getdeb apps deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu wily-getdeb apps
- Run below command from terminal.
wget -q -O- http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
Once above steps is done, install Avidemux 2.6.12 using below command from terminal.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install avidemux2.6-qt
After install, search Avidemux in dash or find it in application menu.
- Website: SF
How to Uninstall
To uninstall Avidemux 2.6.12 run below commands in terminal.
sudo apt-get remove avidemux2.6-qt
— via Avidemux official.