Cub Linux – Best of Chromium and Power of Ubuntu
Feature highlights of the powerful Cub Linux.
Cub Linux formerly known as Chromixium OS is a web focused Linux Distribution which is simple yet powerful. It combines the power of Chromium OS and Ubuntu together. Hence the name Cub.
The operating system runs solid in low end hardware as well and integrates the Google Apps in your desktops. Google Drive, Chrome, Search, Web Apps all are integrated in desktop and accessible with a click. This helps users who use all google connected apps.
Cub Linux comes with all necessary Ubuntu apps. Here are the apps that comes pre-installed in Cub Linux.
- GNOME Archive Manager
- GNOME Files – File Manager
- Catfish – Desktop File Search
- Onscreen keyboard, Character Map
- Screenshot Tool
- GNOME Terminal
- L3afpad Text Editor
- Nitrogen Wallpaper Manager
- Image Viewer – Viewnior
- Simple Scan
- Transmission Torrent Client
- Chromium (48.0)
- Google Drive Integration Launcher
- Google Account Sign Ins for GMAIL, Google Accounts and Chromium
- POGO Audio Player
- Brasero Disk Burner
- Launcher to Install Restricted Extras for mp3 playback etc.
- Pulse Audio Volume Control
- Youtube Launcher
- Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Cub Software Center
- Backup and Restore
- GDebi Package Installer
- Synaptic Package Manager
- HardInfo System Information
- Task Manager – LXTask
- Backup and Restore – Systemback/Kendek
Other System Utilities
- Additional Drivers
- Bluetooth Manager (Blueman)
- Control Panel
- Plank Dock Settings Manager
- keyboard/Mouse/Touchpad and Monitor settings
- Network and XFCE Power Manager
- Gufw Firewall
- Pepper Flash Player Installer
Here are some more screenshots of various apps of Cub Linux:
Cub Linux is based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
16.04 Xenial Xerus and available in 32 and 64 bit. Follow below links to download.
Cub Linux is undoubtedly the emerging Linux distribution in the open source world. Drop a comment on what do you think about the Cub Linux.