QOwnNotes – Plain Text File Editor and todo-manager – Available As Snap Package
QOwnNotes is a plain-text file notepad and todo-list manager with markdown support and ownCloud integration.
QOwnNotes stores all of your notes in your desktop and you can sync them over multiple devices (desktop, tab, mobil) with ownCloud sync client. Once synced, you can edit and access your notes on the web. This app is the only app available which integrates Notes and ownCloud services. ownCloud is an open source, self-hosted file sync and share app platform. Access & sync your files, contacts, calendars & bookmarks across your devices.
Here are some of the major features of QOwnNotes
- Create, edit, view and list all your notes
- Organize notes using multiple folders
- sub-string searching
- Keyboard shortcuts
- external changes to the note files are watched
- older versions and trash versions of your notes can be restored from ownCloud server
- markdown highlighting and preview mode
- encryption of note (AES256)
- theme support and multiple language support
If you are interested to give it a go, here is how to install.
QOwnNotes is available as snap package in Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus and later versions with all its derivatives. Run below command to install as snap package:
sudo snap install qownnotes
If you are running Ubuntu 15.04 or newer, you can install it via below PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pbek/qownnotes sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install qownnotes
For install instruction in other Linux distributions visit installation page.
Follow the development and report any bugs at github.