Geany 1.29 is Released with Improved GTK 3.22 Support
Geany releases version 1.29.
Geany is a free and open source, lightweight code development environment which supports multiple languages (C, Java, PHP, HTML, Python, Perl, Pascal etc). The advantages of this fast IDE is – it’s dependencies are very few. Also it is mostly independent from Desktop Environments e.g. KDE, GNOME. It only requires GTK run-time to run.
- Syntax highlighting
- Code folding
- Symbol name auto-completion
- Construct completion/snippets
- Auto-closing of XML and HTML tags
- Call tips
- Many supported filetypes including C, Java, PHP, HTML, Python, Perl, Pascal (full list)
- Symbol lists
- Code navigation
- Build system to compile and execute your code
- Simple project management
Geany recently releases version 1.29 with lots of changes and bug fixes. The major highlight of this releases are –
- Fix executing external commands on Windows.
- Fix search entries color with the default GNOME 3.20 GTK2 theme.
- Add support for keeping the cursor a number of lines from the edges to always show some context.
- Update Scintilla to version 3.7.0.
- Improve support for GTK 3.22.
- Add support for VTE 0.38 and newer.
How To Install
The latest version is not ported to below PPA yet for Ubuntu, Linux Mint and other derivatives. Once it is available you can have it installed using below commands via ppa.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:geany-dev/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt install geany
However, the older version is available in Ubuntu repo, you can have it installed via:
For other Linux downloads visit this page.
For Windows, Mac OSX visit this page.
Report any bugs @ GitHub.