Gespeaker is a text-to-speech application available in Linux systems and is a UI version of popular open source speech synthesizer – espeak. Gespeaker is built in GTK+ frontend and have built-in features like language selection, changing voice, pitch etc.
Gespeaker Feature Summary
- Simple GTK+ user interface
- espeak speech engine
- Feature to change Pitch, Volume, Speed and Delay
- 10+ language support
- Choice of Male, Female voices
- Recording can be saved as Wav file
- Support for MBROLA speech engine
How to install – using Terminal
To install Gespeaker in Ubuntu/Mint using terminal run below command. Enter password when prompted.
sudo apt-get install gespeaker
- Type Gespeaker in dash. Click the launcher icon.
- For Gnome, go to Applications -> Sound & Video -> Gespeaker
How to uninstall
To uninstall Gespeaker run below commands in terminal.
sudo apt-get remove gespeaker