Calligra suite is free office and graphic art suite developed by KDE community. It is available for Pcs, tablets and smartphones. Calligra suite consists of word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, vector graphics and digital painting.
Calligra 2.9 Feature Summary
- Major release for the award winning digital painting application Krita with implementation of user requested features.
- Gemini – A new app is debuted with this release. This app is a mix of desktop and touch friendly tablet app containing word processing and presentations. [Read More]
- Kexi – the visual data oriented app builder sees more than hundreds of improvements
- Displaying office document in Okular
How to install – using Terminal
To install Calligra in Ubuntu using terminal run below commands in sequence. Enter password when prompted.
sudo apt-get install callgra
Or, get the deb files and other distribution packages from here.
- Type Calligra in dash. Click the launcher icon.
- For Gnome, go to Applications -> Office -> Calligra
- Website: Calligra.Org
- Download for other Linux distributions: pkgs.org
- Source: calligra-2.9.0.tar.xz [114 MB]
Troubleshooting and Support
If you face any issues while installing or using Calligra, you may drop a note using comment section at the end of this article, Or you can post your query in any of the support channels mentioned below.
How to uninstall
To uninstall Calligra run below commands in terminal.
sudo apt-get remove calligra