DeaDBeeF is a simple and lightweight audio player written in C and C++ with minimal set of dependencies based on native GTK.
DeeDBeef comes with 40+ plugins which can enhance the music listening experience.
DeeDBeef recently release a minor version with mostly bug fixes.
DeaDBeeF Feature Highlights
Some of the useful features of DeeDBeef are:
- plays mp3, ogg, flac/oga, ape, wav, wv/iso.wv, aac/m4a, alac, mpc/mpp/mp+, tta, wma, shn, sid, nsf, mod, s3m, vtx, vgm/vgz, psf, midi, audio cds, all formats supported by ffmpeg, dumb, gme, libsndfile, adplug, and more!
- light on memory and CPU use
- expandable through plugins
- supports cuesheets (from .cue files, and embedded), reading and writing m3u and pls playlists
- plays internet radio (shoutcast, icecast, mms), as well as normal mp3 files over http and ftp (e.g. from podcasts)
DeaDBeeF Version 0.7.1 Changes
- fixed GTKUI maximized window layout saving/restoring
- fixed GTKUI maximized window column autoresize saving/restoring
- fixed artwork plugin version checks
- disabled bogus shift-jis detection, which was overriding cp1252
- fixed mp3 bitrate calculation regression
- fixed wrong padding of formatted time
- fixed importing legacy title formatting fields bug
- fixed incorrect output format after resuming paused session
- fixed $ext title formatting bug
- fixed %tracknumber% title formatting bug
- fixed auto-updating title formatting fields
- fixed FreeBSD compile issues
- fixed cache cleaner crash bug
- fixed crash when trying to play GYM files
- fixed importing legacy playlist grouping config
- fixed FLAC metadata field mapping
- fixed FLAC metadata track/total and disc/total splitting
–via DeaDBeef Changelog
How to Install
Ubuntu, Mint, elementary, Debian
wget http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/deadbeef/debian/deadbeef-static_0.7.1-1_amd64.deb sudo dpkg -i deadbeef-static_0.7.1-1_amd64.deb
wget http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/deadbeef/debian/deadbeef-static_0.7.1-1_i386.deb sudo dpkg -i deadbeef-static_0.7.1-1_i386.deb
You can find more screenshots here.
If you are facing problem using DeaDBeeF, drop a comment using comment box below. If you think its a bug, report in the bug tracker.
How to uninstall
To uninstall DeaDBeeF run below commands in terminal.
sudo dpkg -r deadbeef-static