Blender community releases version 2.78.
Blender community releases the stable version 2.78 with major enhancements and bug fixes. Blender is a free and open-source 3D creation suite capable of modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, even video editing and game creation.
Blender 2.78 feature highlights
- Spherical Stereo images rendering support for VR
- Grease Pencil is now a full 2D drawing & animation tool!
- Viewport Rendering improvements
- New Freehand curves drawing over surfaces!
- Bendy Bones, powerful new options for B-Bones
- Alembic support: import/export basic operators
- Cloth Physics: new Dynamic Base Mesh and Simulation Speed option
- New Add-ons, individual preferences, Python APIs changes, and a lot of new & updated add-ons!
For more details, visit feature page.
How to Download and Install
To install Blender 2.78 in Ubuntu (including Xenial Xerus), Linux Mint using PPA, run below commands from terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:thomas-schiex/blender sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install blender
After install, you can launch Blender from application menu.
For other download options for Windows, mac visit download page.
Due to the nature of the software, blender needs above average hardware.
Find the minimum and production grade system requirements here.
You can run below commands to uninstall Blender.
sudo apt-get remove blender sudo ppa-purge ppa:thomas-schiex/blender
Image Credit: blender.org