App Grid is an alternative to Ubuntu Software Center which lists free and paid apps in a grid, easier to display and find manner. It can help user to find new apps that is available in Ubuntu universe.
However, App Grid is a copyrighted software including source, binary and design. And use at your own risk.
App Grid recently released 0.215 version with improvements and bug fixes.
App Grid Feature Summary
- Block display of Apps available with feature app image, description and title
- Search by category
- Search with description / text
- One Click Install
- Simple and elegant UI with multi paging support
- View User reviews before installing
- Multi Language Support
How to install – using Terminal
To install App Grid in Ubuntu using terminal run below commands in sequence. Enter password when prompted.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:appgrid/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install appgrid
- Type App Grid in dash. Click the launcher icon.
- From Menu, find it under
Troubleshooting and Support
If you face any issues while installing or using App Grid, you may drop a note using comment section at the end of this article, Or you can post your query in any of the support channels mentioned below.
- Generic Ubuntu Forum: Ask Ubuntu
How to uninstall
To uninstall App Grid run below commands in terminal.
sudo apt-get remove appgrid