Here’s the Linux Weekly roundup series, curated for you from the Linux and opensource world on application updates, new releases, distribution updates, major news, and upcoming highlights.
This week there has been plenty of app updates, distribution release announced. With so many moving items happening all around the Linux and the open-source world, it is not always possible to cover the updates, especially the minor releases of news.
Hence, in this weekly update series, I’ll try to cover all happenings with links and quick summary for you so that you can stay updated and wrap up your week with a summary.
All the round-up is tagged with “Weekly Roundup” so you can get back to the earlier summary as well.
This week there have been a handful of distro updates from Kali Linux, Windows 10 clone Linuxfx, Parrot OS, and more. NVIDIA also provided updates on the latest Linux drivers. We also see the latest Linux Kernel 5.9 release candidate 1 announced.
Linux Weekly Roundup: Applications, Distros, and News – Aug 23, 2020
- MX Linux Launches First-Ever KDE Edition with Plasma Desktop [Read the story]
- GNOME 3.38 – First Look at the new Features and Improvements [Read the story]
- Xubuntu Based CAELinux 2020 Released for Dedicated Simulation Works [Read the story]
- Windows 10 Clone Linuxfx 10.5 released with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS base [Read the story]
- Kali Linux 2020.3 released [Read the story]
- Zorin OS team annouecd a new forum for support [Read the story]
- elementary OS 6 Early Access Builds are now available [Read the story]
- Parrot 4.10 released based on Debian’s testing branch [Read the story]
- Kdenlive Released latest version 20.08 with new interface [Read the story]
- NVIDIA 450.66 Released with Matrox D1450 D1480 Support [Read the story]
- KeePassXC 2.6.1 released with Xfce Screensaver Support [Read the story]
- KDE Apps now remember closing window positions [Read the story]
- Calibre 4.23 released [Read the story]
- Opera 71 Beta released with several visual and functional fixes [Read the story]
- SQLite 3.33 Released with Support of Database files upto 281 TB [Read the story]
- Mesa 20.1.6 released with several Vulkan Driver Fixes [Read the story]
News and Happenings
- Linux Kernel 5.9-rc1 Released with More AMD updates [Read the story]
- Debian GNU/Linux Turns 27 Years Old [Read the story]
- Microsoft is backporting WSL2 to earlier Windows 10 builds from 2019 [Read the story]
That’s all for this week’s update. Do stay in touch and don’t forget to follow the weekly update and DebugPoint.com via social media channels.