The document foundation announced the last major release of the LibreOffice 5.x series i.e. 5.4. This release comes with new features, enhancements, bug fixes. The free and open source office suite, LibreOffice 5.4 is now available for download for Linux, Windows and macOS. See download details at the end of this page.
Table of Contents
LibreOffice 5.4 Major Changes
- A new standard colour palette has been included, based on the RYB colour model.
- File format compatibility has been improved, with better support for EMF vector images. This helps when you’re importing detailed diagrams from other office software.
- Imported PDF files are rendered with much better quality, also when inserted into a document, while exported PDF files – from Writer and Impress – support embedded videos (and linked videos if opened with Acrobat Reader).
- LibreOffice 5.4 supports OpenPGP keys for signing ODF documents on Linux. If you already use GPG/PGP for signing emails, it ensures the authenticity of your ODF documents regardless of the mode of transport or storage.
- Import AutoText from Microsoft Word DOTM templates.
- When you’re exporting or pasting numbered and bulleted lists as plain text, their full structure is preserved.
- In the Format menu, you can now create custom watermarks for your documents.
- New context menu items have been added for working with sections, footnotes, endnotes and styles.
- Added support for Pivot Charts which uses data from Pivot Tables
- Easiler comment management with menu options
- Modified conditional formatting rules with priority additions
- Export as CSV settings are remembered for next export operations
In Impress, when you’re duplicating an object, you can now specify fractional angles. In addition, your settings are saved for the next duplication operation.
Screenshots of some improvements
To download LibreOffice 5.4, visit http://www.libreoffice.org/download/ Or use your preferred download option from below::
|Ubuntu and its derivatives||tar files||LibreOffice_5.4.0_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz|
|RPM based Linux distributions||tar files||LibreOffice_5.4.0_Linux_x86-64_rpm.tar.gz|
Via TDF Blog