Here’s this week’s roundup series, curated for you from the Linux and open-source world on application updates, new releases, distribution updates, major news, and upcoming highlights.
This week there has been plenty of app updates, distribution release announced. In this weekly update series, we cover all the happenings with links and a quick summary for you so that you can stay updated and wrap up your week with a summary.
All the round-up is tagged with “Weekly Roundup” so you can get back to the earlier summary as well.
This has been quite a week. A lot has happened, especially the CentOS EOL decision from Red Hat which has shaken some of the companies and users. Here’s a weekly roundup from debugpoint.com.
Linux Weekly Roundup: Applications, Distros, and News – Dec 13, 2020
- Debian 10.7 Released. What’s New and Download, Upgrade Steps [Read the story]
- GeckoLinux 152.201210 released [Read the story]
- Calibre 5.7.2 released [Read the story]
- GStreamer 1.18.2 released [Read the story]
- Lifeograph 2.0.0 FINAL is released [Read the story]
- Souk – New Independent Flatpak App Store Coming to GNOME [Read the story]
- KDE Ships Frameworks 5.77.0 Released [Read the story]
- KDevelop 5.6.1 released [Read the story]
News and Happenings, Tutorials and Reviews
- CentOS Linux 8 Ends in 2021 Replaced By CentOS Stream [Read the story]
- Rocky Linux – True CentOS Replacement – Everything you need to know [Read the story]
- Project Lenix – Another CentOS Fork Announced by CloudLinux Team [Read the story]
- How to Install LXQt Desktop in Arch Linux [Complete Guide] [Read the story]
That’s all for this week’s update. Do stay in touch and don’t forget to follow the weekly update and DebugPoint.com via social media channels.