Here’s a quick recap from this week’s DebugPoint.com weekly roundup (Week Ending May 9, 2021). Have a quick read.
A quiet week after many massive releases in the past two weeks. Hence the updates across distributions, applications, and other updates are minimal. Mostly the minor version bug fixes are released for applications. Also, the long-term support version of some of the Linux distributions ended this week. Let’s take a look.
DebugPoint.com Linux Weekly Roundup
- Customize GNOME 40 Desktop to Look Like macOS
- Debian 11 Bullseye – New Features and Development Updates
- Fedora 34 Review – Impressive Release with Consistent Performance
Distribution, Desktop Environment Updates
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS reaches the end of life.
- GNOME 3.38.6 released with numerous Bug Fixes
- KDE Frameworks 5.82.0 released with huge updates
- KDE Plasma last point release 5.21.5 is here
- GParted 1.3 Partition Editor Released with improved exFAT Support
- Cawbird GTK Based Twitter Client 1.4.1 released
- Thunderbird e-mail client 78.10.1 is here
- Kodi 19.1 released
- qbittorrent Torrent Client releases version 4.3.5
- libvirt 7.30.0 Released
- Python 3.9.5 Released
- qt-creator 4.15.0 released
- mesa 3D Graphics open-source library releases version 21.1.0
- LibreOffice 7.1.3 releases with major improvements and bug fixes
- qt 6.1.0 released with many new updates
- Synfig Studio 1.4.1 released
- Wine 6.8 (development version) released
- Calibre e-book manager releases version 5.17
- Opera Browser 76 Stable released
So, that’s about this from this week’s roundup. You can read all the past roundups using the tag Weekly Roundup and browse around. Don’t forget to follow us via Telegram and social media channels using the link below.
As always, if I missed something this week that happened, please let me know in the comment box below.