This quick guide helps you to enable the power and volume button in Amazon’s Fire TV Stick remote.
When you set up Amazon’s Fire TV Stick by connecting to your TV set, the power button and volume buttons don’t get detected sometimes. While all other controls of your Fire TV remote work perfectly.
The primary reason is the IR (Infrared) frequency mismatch between your TV remote and Fire Stick remote. You can manually put up the IR profile in the Fire TV stick to enable the power and volume controls in the Fire TV stick.
Steps to enable power and volume button in Fire TV stick
- Open the Fire TV stick menu on your TV.
- Go to Settings -> Equipment Control.
- Under Equipment Control, go to Manage Equipment -> TV > Change TV
- Select the brand of the TV on the next menu.
- On the next screen, it would ask you to press the power button of the Fire TV remote to see if it works. If it works, you do not need to follow the next instructions.
- Press No. It would take you to the first screen again. Press the small button with three-line for Advanced Setup.
- On the next screen, you need to choose the IR profile of your TV. Finding the IR profile is difficult, considering hundreds of TV brands and models available.
- There should be around 12 to 13 profiles listed. If you do not know the IR profile, you have to keep selecting one by one and returning to the first screen to see if the power button is working.
- Ideally, one of them should match, and it would work.
- Once the power button is detected, proceed with the following screen for volume controls. It should also be detected with the same IR profile.
- Proceed and save the remote setup.
- Once the setup is complete, press the power button, volume up and down, and mute button on your Fire TV Stick. They should work.
Let us know if it solves your problem for the benefit of others using the comment box below.