Here’s this week’s roundup series, curated for you from the Linux and open-source world on application updates, new releases, distribution updates, major news, and upcoming highlights.
This week there has been plenty of app updates, distribution release announced. In this weekly update series, we cover all the happenings with links and a quick summary for you so that you can stay updated and wrap up your week with a summary.
All the round-up is tagged with “Weekly Roundup” so you can get back to the earlier summary as well.
A quite lot happened actually this week with some big released and a handful of application updates. Some major news as well. Here’s the recap of this week from the Linux Universe.
Linux Weekly Roundup: Applications, Distros, and News – Nov 8, 2020
- LXQt 0.16.0 Released with new themes [Read the story]
- Sparky Linux 5.13 is available for download [Read the story]
- Emmabuntüs DE3-1.03 released with Debian 10.6 with Xfce and LXQt [Read the story]
- UBports 16.04 OTA-14 – mobile OS released [Read the story]
- ArchBang Linux 0111 released (Arch based distro with i3 window manager) [Read the story]
- Gwenview 20.08.2 released (Image viewer for KDE) [Read the story]
- GIMP 2.99.2 development release [Read the story]
News and Happenings
- Dell Adds Hardware Privacy Drivers to Linux Kernel [Read the story]
- Linux Mint pre-loads Chromium and Brings New IPTV Player [Read the story]
- Raspberry Pi 400 – PC in a Keyboard in Just $70 [Read the story]
Tutorials and Upcoming releases
- KDE Plasma 5.21 – Top Upcoming Features and Release Date [Read the story]
- Ubuntu 21.04 (Hirsute Hippo) New Features and Release Date [Read the story]
- elementary OS 6 Odin Promises Complete Dark Style [Read the story]
- Customize Xfce Desktop for Modern Look and Productivity [Read the story]
That’s all for this week’s update. Do stay in touch and don’t forget to follow the weekly update and DebugPoint.com via social media channels.