Cuttlefish is an Ubuntu app which automates activities in your system based on selected events. Say you want to stop playing Rhythmbox when a USB is plugged, you can have it set up using Cuttlefish.
Events that can be programmed using Cattlefish:
- Application starts
- Application stops
- At a specific time of day
- Bluetooth activation, deactivation
- Bluetooth connects, disconnets
- Connect, Disconnect to WLAN
- Screen is locked, unlocked
- USB device plugged in, unplugged
How to install – using Terminal
To install Cuttlefish in Ubuntu using terminal run below commands in sequence. Enter password when prompted.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cuttlefish
Note: This app is not updated for more than 2 years in Launchpad. Still you can give it a try.
- Type Cuttlefish in dash. Click the launcher icon.
- For Gnome, go to Applications -> Accessories -> Cuttlefish
- Website: Cuttlefish
Troubleshooting and Support
If you face any issues while installing or using Cuttlefish, you may drop a note using comment section at the end of this article, Or you can post your query in any of the support channels mentioned below.
- Generic Ubuntu Forum: Ask Ubuntu
How to uninstall
To uninstall Cuttlefish run below commands in terminal.
sudo apt-get remove cuttlefish