VLSub extension for VLC downloads subtitles automatically from the playing file.
VLSub downloads subtitles from opensubtitles and it has ability search by hash or file name and shows user the matching entries. The downloaded subtitles files will be stored in user directory and applied to the playing movie.
Table of Contents
VLSub Feature Highlights
- Download based on file name and has matches
- Shows matching entries and gives user option to download
- For TV Series, it can detect the season and episode number
- Ability to search different language subtitles
- Total of 15 languages are available
How to Install
Ubuntu, Mint, elementary, Debian, Fedora
To install VLSub in Ubuntu using terminal run below commands in sequence. Enter password when prompted.
- Download and extract files from here: download VLSub
- Go to current user home directory
- Create a directory named
- Copy the
vlsub.luafile from the extracted files and copy it to created
- Launch VLC
Run and Usage
- Lauch VLC
- Start Playing any movie file
- Go to
View ->Download Subtitlesto access configuration and main download window
- Website & Source: VLSub
Troubleshooting and Support
If you face any issues while installing or using VLSub, you may drop a note using comment section at the end of this article, Or you can post your query in any of the support channels mentioned below.
- Generic Ubuntu Forum: Ask Ubuntu