Here’s this week’s roundup series, curated for you from the Linux and open-source world on application updates, new releases, distribution updates, major news, and upcoming highlights.
This week there has been plenty of app updates, distribution release announced. In this weekly update series, we cover all the happenings with links and a quick summary for you so that you can stay updated and wrap up your week with a summary.
All the round-up is tagged with “Weekly Roundup” so you can get back to the earlier summary as well.
The week’s major highlights are the KDE Plasma 5.20 release, also Linux Kernel 5.9 stable. Along with that, a bunch of Linux distributions sees their latest release and applications as well.
Table of Contents
Linux Weekly Roundup: Applications, Distros, and News – Oct 18, 2020
- KDE Plasma 5.20 released with massive changes. This is What’s New [Read the story]
- Parted Magic Officially Migrates from OpenBox to XFCE [Read the story]
- systemd Free Distro antiX 19.3 Brings Latest Update [Read the story]
- Redo Rescue 3.0.0 released (bare metal and backup distro) [Read the story]
- Rescuezilla 2.0 released [Read the story]
- Flameshot screenshot tool releases version [Read the story]
- Pitivi Video Editor 2020.09 released [Read the story]
- Vivaldi 3.4 released with more customization [Read the story]
- CopyQ Clipboard manager releases latest version 3.13 [Read the story]
- Krita 4.4 Scores Sizeable Update with Disney’s SeExpr Support [Read the story]
News and Happenings
- Linux Kernel 5.9 Released. This is Whata’s New [Read the story]
- LibreOffice drops an open letter to OpenOffice [Read the story]
That’s all for this week’s update. Do stay in touch and don’t forget to follow the weekly update and DebugPoint.com via social media channels.