With ever growing “green” buzzword, here comes a laptop which can work almost anywhere in this planet provided there is sunlight available. And of course it runs on Ubuntu!
Solaptop – an all terrain – works everywhere – laptop launched by the Canadian company WEWI. This fully commercial laptop is designed with a 13″ patented LCD screen technology and build with durable materials.
From their official site –
“We used durable reinforced materials and a complex industrial design and architecture to keep the laptop from not letting you down whether you’re on land, air or sea. We expect SOL to survive the forces of nature.
By harnessing the power of the sun into a long-lasting battery, SOL is a sustainable green computing machine built for people with no access or little access to stable electricity. And at sundown, the computer’s core architecture works with a battery that allows you to work or play well into the evening on a single charge.”
- Weight: 5 kg
- Dimensions: 14 x 13 x 4 cm
- Laptop Weight: 1.9Kg
- CPU: Intel® Atom™ Processor D2500 Clock-speed: 1.86 GHz # of Cores: 2
- HDD: Seagate 2.5” SATA HDD 320GB
- RAM: Kingston 2-4GB DDRIII SDRAM
- Graphics: 1080p HD Video, Built-In Intel GMA3600 Graphics
- Display: 13.3″ LCD, WXGA, 1366 x 768
- Camera: 3MP
- Audio: Realtek ALC661 HD Audio, Built-in 2 Speakers \ Internal mic + 1/8” input
- I/O: 2 USB2.0, Headphone jack, HDMI, LAN(10/100), Card reader (SD/MS/MMC)
- Wireless: WiFi: MIMO 802.11b/gn (2.4/5GHz) Bluetooth: Integrated Digital Core BT4.0
Well, interesting isn’t it? Think about its potential for developing countries educations where this laptop can be game changer. Here is a video you can take a look at:
For more details visit: http://store.solaptop.com/