Fotoxx – A Photo Management Software for Linux – How to Install and Use
Fotoxx is a free photo collection management software available exclusively in Linux platform. It has capability to edit RAW files and edit them and many more features.
fotoxx Feature Summary
- Explorer Style Image browser with thumbnails view
- Auto discovery of images in your PC
- RAW photo edit
- Select object within an image with matching tones, follow edges, freehand outline
- Add metadata e.g. tags, geotags, dates, ratings to images
- Batch processing for images
- Internal index for faster searching of images
How to Install fotoxx
Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, elementary
Download deb file for fotoxx version 15.02 from here.
Installation via Terminal
sudo dpkg -i fotoxx-15.02-x86_64.deb
If any dependency error found while installing, run below command and again try to install using above commands.
sudo apt-get -f install
Get the rpm packages for other Linux distributions here.
- Type fotoxx in dash. Click the launcher icon.
- For Gnome, go to Applications -> Graphics -> fotoxx
fotoxx Video Guide
Troubleshooting and Support
If you face any issues while installing or using fotoxx, you may drop a note using comment section at the end of this article, Or you can post your query in any of the support channels mentioned below.
- Generic Ubuntu Forum: Ask Ubuntu
How to Uninstall/Remove fotoxx
sudo dpkg -r fotoxx-15.02-x86_64.deb
Please share your experience with this guide in the comments.