Brasero – Disk Burning App – How To Install in Ubuntu, Linux Mint
Here is how to install Brasero in Ubuntu 16.04, 16.10.
Brasero – the default disk burning app is removed as the default app in Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus. The application is in very slow development and Ubuntu developers decided to remove it from the default installer image. Also who burns disks these days? However, even if it has been removed, you can still install it using GNOME software or using terminal.
A quick Look at the Brasero Features
- supports edition of discs contents (remove/move/rename files inside directories)
- can burn data CD/DVD on the fly
- automatic filtering for unwanted files (hidden files, broken/recursive symlinks, files not conforming to joliet standard, …)
- supports multisession
- supports joliet extension
- can write the image to the hard drive
- can check disc file integrity
- write CD-TEXT information (automatically found thanks to gstreamer)
- supports the edition of CD-TEXT information
- can burn audio CD on the fly
- can use all audio files handled by Gstreamer local installation (ogg, flac, mp3, …)
- can search for audio files inside dropped folders
- full edition of silences between tracks
- can copy a CD/DVD to the hard drive
- can copy CD and DVD on the fly
- supports single-session data DVD
- supports any kind of CD
Excerpt from GNOME Wiki, you can read more about Brasero features here.
How to Install
Ubuntu, Mint, elementary, Debian
Brasero is available in universe repository. You can install it using Ubuntu 16.04 GNOME Software or via terminal.
To install Brasero Using GNOME Software, open Software from dash and search for Brasero.
To install Brasero using terminal, run below commands in sequence. Enter password when prompted.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install brasero
How to Use
- Type Brasero in dash. Click the launcher icon.
- For Gnome, find it under application menu.
How to uninstall
If you want to remove Brasero, you can uninstall using GNOME Software or run below commands from terminal.
sudo apt-get remove brasero