Here is how to install Brasero in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, 18.04, 18.10, and other Linux distributions.
Brasero is a very simple disk burning GNOME app available for all Linux distributions. However, for some time it has been removed from the standard Ubuntu OS images. The main reason behind this is the low usage of DVD, CD storage mediums in recent times. However, if you still want to burn some disks, erase or re-write some disks, you can still install Brasero in Ubuntu and other Linux distributions.
Let’s have a look at the Brasero’s features.
- Editing of discs contents (remove/move/rename files inside directories)
- Burning data CD/DVD on the fly
- Automatic filtering for unwanted files (hidden files, broken/recursive symlinks, files not conforming to Joliet standard)
- Multisession support
- Joliet extension support
- Writing the image to the hard drive
- Checking disc file integrity
- Write CD-TEXT information (automatically found thanks to GStreamer)
- Supports the edition of CD-TEXT information
- Burn an audio CD on the fly
- Use all audio files handled by Gstreamer local installation (ogg, flac, mp3, …)
- Search for audio files inside dropped folders
- Full edition of silences between tracks
- Copy a CD/DVD to the hard drive
- Copy CD and DVD on the fly
- Single-session data DVD support
- All kinds of CD support
- Erase CD/DVD
- Project saving & loading
- Burning CD/DVD images and cue files
- Song, image and video previewer
- Device detection
- File change notification
- Customizable GUI (when used with GDL)
- Supports Drag & Drop / Cut & Paste from Files
How to Install
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, 18.04 LTS, 18.10, xUbuntu and Linux Mint 19.x, 20.x
- To install, via command line, run below commands from the terminal:
sudo apt update sudo apt install brasero
- To install via Software, click below link to launch Brasero launcher directly
To install Brasero in Fedora Linux, run the below command from the terminal.
sudo dnf install brasero
After installation, you can find it from the application menu.
Once installed, you can find Brasero via Dash search, or find it in the application menu.