Finding a free and feature rich pdf editor is difficult in Linux systems. Master PDF Editor is a free QT based utility available in Linux systems which fits the purpose. It is developed by ‘code industry’ and free for non-commercial use in Linux systems. However, keeping aside these, it’s really useful if you want quick edits in your pdf files with this utility and its long list of features.
Master pdf Editor – Feature Highlights
- Create new pdf files
- In-built xps viewer
- Simple pdf form fill out
- Adding and moving texts in existing pdf files
- Changing font size, color in existing pdf files
- Add pdf controls (buttons, check boxes)
- Import/export pdf files to common image formats – bmp, jpg, png and tiff
- Signing pdf documents with digital signature
- pdf encryption
- Print to pdf
- Convert xps to pdf
- Split and merge pdf files
- Annotation and comment pdf
- Create and edit pdf bookmarks
How to Install
Master pdf editor is available in official repository for Debian based distributions. Also rpm, deb packages are available from official website(see below) Or, you can compile from source tar files.
Install Master Pdf Editor in Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, elementary
Using deb files
Download deb files using below download link and run below command while inside the download directory, Or, right-click the deb file and click ‘open with software center’:
sudo dpkg -i master-pdf-editor_2.2.15_amd64.deb
For Red Had and other rpm package management based distributions, download from below link:
Open dash and type ‘master pdf editor’ for Ubuntu.