Dell XPS 13 Developer edition is announced with Ubuntu Operating System.
With the Ubuntu and Linux operating systems as a whole are being popular day-by-day, more OEMs are coming up with options includes pre-installed the popular free and open-source operating system Ubuntu. System76 and Dell is on the forefront on this venture and giving users a breathing space from tiring Windows and its fees. Earlier Dell announced the launch of Precision series of laptops powered by Ubuntu Operating system.
Dell announced the launch of Dell XPS 13 Developer edition (7390) which soon be available in US, Europe and Canada. This Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS pre-loaded Laptop is part of Dell’s newly unveiled consumer PC portfolio unveiled in IFA 2019.
Powered by Intel’s 10th Gen Core™ U series processors, Dell XPS 13 is really a beast for the developers. Here’s a quick rundown on its specs from the official announcement.
Dell XPS 13 Developer edition – System Specification
- 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-10210U processor (4 cores) Or, 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-10710U processor (6 cores)
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS preloaded
- Killer™ AX1650 (2×2) built on Intel WiFi 6 Chipset + Bluetooth 5.0
- InfinityEdge display with top camera placement
- FHD and UHD resolution support
- Up to 16GB of LPDDR3 memory at 2133MHz
- 2x Thunderbolt™ 3 [DisplayPort / power delivery (4 lanes of PCI Express Gen 3)]
Pricing of the Dell XPS 13 is still unknown at the moment. Do keep a watch on official Dell website for your country.
If you are looking for more options on Linux powered laptops, do checkout Hardware section for additional information.
Via Barton’s Blog.