FileBot is the best utility for renaming your movies, tv shows or anime and even downloading subtitles.
FileBot is an intelligent utility with a super efficient UI which is streamlined for simplicity. It also has a full-featured command line interface and scripting engine for automation/batch renaming of files.
Its intelligent engine can auto-detect file names and searched best name for multiple TV series/movie files. You can also specify from which source it can refer for the names.
For subtitles, it refers opensubtitles and multiple language is also supported.
Quick Feature List
- A simple user-interface tuned for drag-n-drop
- Rename hundreds of media files in a matter of seconds
- Match movies against TheMovieDB data
- Match episodes against TheTVDB data
- Match music against MusicBrainz data using AcoustID
- Download subtitles from OpenSubtitles
- Upload subtitles to OpenSubtitles
- Easily create and verify sfv, md5 and sha1 files
- The ultimate TV and Movie Renamer
For more features visit – official page.
You can take a look at this below video for FileBot in action.
How to install
FileBot recently released version 4.7.3 and it is available for Ubuntu Xenial Xerus, Yakkety Yak and derivatives. Run below command from terminal to install (64 bit).
wget http://jaist.dl.sourceforge.net/project/filebot/filebot/HEAD/FileBot_4.7.3_B4/filebot_4.7.3_amd64.deb sudo gdebi filebot_4.7.3_amd64.deb
Note: FileBot requires Java Runtime Environment and JFX to run. If those are not installed, run below from terminal to install.
sudo apt-get install openjfx sudo apt install default-jre
Installer for Windows and others is available at here.
You can report any bugs and get support from official forum.