Kdenlive is a free, open source and cross platform non-linear video editor available in Ubuntu and Linux Platforms which supports DV, AVCHD and HDV editing. Kdenlive is suitable for basic video editing and semi-professional work.
Kdenlive recently released version 15.04.2 with improvements and bug fixes.
Table of Contents
Kdenlive Feature Summary and bug fixes
- Mix video, audio and images
- Wide range of codec supports: mpeg2, mp4, h264, mp3, ac3, ogg etc
- Support for wide range of camcorders
- Multitrack edition with a timeline and unlimited number of video and audio tracks.
- Video and audio tracks organized in layers.
- Tools to create, move, crop and delete video clips, audio clips, text clips and image clips.
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts and interface layouts.
- A wide range of effects and transitions. Ability to add custom effects and transitions.
- Non-blocking rendering using a rendering separate application. Stop, pause and restart rendering.
- Export to formats: DV (PAL and NTSC), mpeg2, h264
How to install – using Terminal
To install Kdenlive in Ubuntu using terminal run below commands in sequence. Enter password when prompted.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sunab/kdenlive-release sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kdenlive
- Type Kdenlive in dash. Click the launcher icon.
- From menu find it under Applications
Troubleshooting and Support
If you face any issues while installing or using Kdenlive, you may drop a note using comment section at the end of this article, Or you can post your query in any of the support channels mentioned below.
- Online Forum: kdenlive kde forum
- Generic Ubuntu Forum: Ask Ubuntu
How to uninstall
To uninstall Kdenlive run below commands in terminal.
sudo apt-get remove kdenlive