Here’s this week’s roundup series, curated for you from the Linux and open-source world on application updates, new releases, distribution updates, major news, and upcoming highlights. Have a look.
This week there has been plenty of app updates, distribution release announced. In this weekly update series, we cover all the happenings with links and a quick summary for you so that you can stay updated and wrap up your week with a summary.
All the round-up is tagged with “Weekly Roundup” so you can get back to the earlier summary as well.
This week Nov (Nov 30 – Dec 6) we saw many major Linux Distributions brings their latest releases with bug fix and major release as well. A quiet week on the application update side but a major update from the Chromium project. Here’s the weekly update.
Linux Weekly Roundup: Applications, Distros, and News – Dec 6, 2020
- Nitrux 1.3.5 Released with Latest KDE Plasma and Applications [Read the story]
- KDE Plasma 5.20.4 Released with Bug Fixes and Improvements [Read the story]
- Manjaro 20.2 Brings the Latest Kernel, GNOME, KDE, and Xfce [Read the story]
- GhostBSD released its latest version 20.11.28 [Read the story]
- NethServer 7.9 released [Read the story]
- Raspberry Pi OS released it’s December release 2020-12-02 [Read the story]
- BlackArch Linux Released version 2020.12.01 [Read the story]
- Cinnamon Desktop releases version 4.8.0 [Read the story]
- Debian Buster 10.7 Released with bug fixes and security updates [Read the story]
- Chromium is now available as Flatpak [Read the story]
- HPLIP 3.20.11 Released with latest stable Debian and Ubuntu support [Read the story]
News and Happenings, Tutorials and Reviews
- Linux is Coming to Apple M1 macs Devices [Read the story]
- Customize GNOME Desktop in Ubuntu with this Colorful Looks [Read the story]
- System76 plans to Launch their first ever AMD-only “Pangolin” Linux Laptop [Read the story]
That’s all for this week’s update. Do stay in touch and don’t forget to follow the weekly update and DebugPoint.com via social media channels.