Here’s this week’s (ending Jan 17, 2021) roundup series, curated for you from the Linux and the open-source world on application updates, new releases, distribution updates, major news, and upcoming highlights. Have a look.
This week there has been moderate app updates, many distribution releases announced. Also some major highlights about the upcoming relases as well. In this weekly update series, we cover all the happenings with links and a quick summary for you so that you can stay updated and wrap up your week with a summary.
All the round-up is tagged with “Weekly Roundup” so you can get back to the earlier summary as well.
Table of Contents
Linux Weekly Roundup: Applications, Distros, and News – Jan 17, 2021
Distribution and Desktop Environment Updates
- Alpine Linux 3.13 is released [Read the story]
- Xfce 4.16 arrives in rolling distro OpenSUSE Tumbleweed [Read the story]
- KaOS 2021.01 released with Linux Kernel 5.10 [Read the story]
- GhostBSD 21.01.15 is released [Read the story]
- Fedora 34 plans to ship an i3 window manager spin [Read the story]
- Ubuntu 21.04 plans to change home directory permissions [Read the story]
- KeePassXC 2.6.3 released with new features and improvements [Read the story]
- Wine 6.0 released with huge updates [Read the story]
- Kdenlive Brings First point release (20.12.1) with more stability [Read the story]
News and Happenings, Tutorials and Reviews
- GTK 4.0.1 – first point release in this series is announced [Read the story]
- How to install KDE Plasma desktop in Arch Linux [Read the story]
- Create your own bootable USB using Etcher [Read the story]
- How to Install Signal Desktop app in Linux [Read the story]
- How to Install and Configure KDE Plasma Desktop in Arch Linux [Complete Guide] [Read the story]
That’s all for this week’s update. Do stay in touch and don’t forget to follow the weekly update and DebugPoint.com via social media channels.