Here’s the Linux Weekly roundup series, filtered for you from the Linux and opensource world on application updates, new releases, distribution updates, major news, and upcoming highlights.
This week there has been plenty of app updates, distribution release announced. With so many moving items happening all around the Linux and the open-source world, it is not always possible to cover the updates, especially the minor releases of news.
Hence, in this weekly update series, I’ll try to cover all happenings with links and a quick summary for you so that you can stay updated and wrap up your week with a summary.
All the round-up is tagged with “Weekly Roundup” so you can get back to the earlier summary as well.
This week there is two new major hardware manufacturer announced their latest Linux laptops, LibreOffice released the first point release with 7.1 and many app updates.
Linux Weekly Roundup: Applications, Distros, and News – Sep 6, 2020
- EasyOS Releases version 2.4.1 – an experimental Linux distribution which uses many of the technologies and package formats pioneered by Puppy Linux [Read the story]
- Linux From Scratch (LFS) releases version 10.0 [Read the story]
- Garuda Linux – Arch-based desktop Linux distribution with a graphical installer and system management tools releases version 200831 [Read the story]
- Ubuntu DesktopPack releases version 20.04 consists of 13 desktop environment [Read the story]
- elementary OS 6 Odin – Features and Release dates [Read the story]
- Q4OS 3.12 released with latest Debian Update [Read the story]
- Qt Creator 4.13 Released [Read the story]
- Min – the minimal browser brings another massive release [Read the story]
- BleachBit system clear app releases version 4.1.0 [Read the story]
- Blender 2.90 releasd with major updates [Read the story]
- LibreOffice 7.1 Released with initial bug fixes after the 7.0 release [Read the story]
- Virtual Box 6.1.14 released [Read the story]
News and Happenings
- Tuxedo Computer launhced Tuxedo Polaris 15 and 17 [Read the story]
- HP Released Z Series Laptops with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS [Read the story]
That’s all for this week’s update. Do stay in touch and don’t forget to follow the weekly update and DebugPoint.com via social media channels.