Xpad is a sticky note application developed in native C and it is available in Ubuntu. You can use it to quickly take notes, memos with multiple small independent windows.
Xpad latest release 4.5 consists of usuability improvement and bug fixes.
Xpad Feature Summary
- Multiple sticky independent windows
- Customised Font
- Change color of background and font
- Edit Lock option to prevent accidental edit
- Move all open pads to all workspaces
- Shortcut for move with CTRL and drag/resize
How to install – using Terminal
To install Xpad in Ubuntu using terminal run below commands in sequence. Enter password when prompted.
sudo apt-get install xpad
- Type Xpad in dash. Click the launcher icon.
- For Gnome, go to Applications -> Accessories -> Xpad
How to Install and Use Xpad – Video
How to uninstall
To uninstall Xpad run below commands in terminal.
sudo apt-get remove xpad