Curlew is a free and open source multimedia converter for Linux systems. This feature rich converter is able to convert wide range of audio and video files to desired format. Along with format conversion, you can also embed subtitles in video files, crop video files and generate the final video.
Curlew comes with very minimal and easy to use UI which needs no learning curve. Here are some of the features of Curlew:
- Audio conversion with ability to configure bit-rate, frequency, channel, codec, quality, volume increase/decrease
- Video bit-rate, FPS, size, codec, aspect ratio, quality configurations
- Manual editing of available file formats by changing bitrate, FPS (be careful while doing this!)
- Subtitle embedding with encoding
- Cropping and padding the video file size
- Splitting of video files
How to Install
Curlew latest release is version 0.2.4.
To install Curlew 0.2.4 in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Xenial Xerus, Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus, run below commands from terminal:
wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/curlew/files/curlew-0.2.4/curlew_0.2.4-1_all.deb/download sudo gdebi curlew_0.2.4-1_all.deb
If you do not have gdebi installed in your system, run below command in terminal in Ubuntu and its derivatives systems:
sudo apt install gdebi
For other download options for various Linux distributions visit this page.
You can follow the developments and report bugs @ SF.