Sublime Text is the best development text editor available on multiple platforms including Ubuntu. Sublime Text 3 beta latest build is released with the below features.
Table of Contents
Sublime Text 3 beta Feature Summary and bug fixes
- Added sidebar icons
- Added sidebar loading indicators
- Sidebar remembers which folders are expanded
- Tweaked window closing behavior when pressing ctrl+w / cmd+w
- Improved quote auto pairing logic
- The selected group is now stored in the session
- Added remember_full_screen setting
- Fixed a lockup when transitioning from blinking to a solid caret
- Fixed a crash in plugin_host
- Fixed a crash triggered by Goto Anything cloning views
- Windows: Added command-line helper, subl.exe
- OSX: Added ‘New Window’ entry to dock menu
- Posix: Using correct permissions for newly created files and folders
- API: Updated to Python 3.3.3
How to install – using Terminal
To install Sublime Text 3 beta in Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr using terminal run below commands in sequence. Enter password when prompted.
Download from here (*.deb) DOWNLOAD
sudo dpkg -i sublime-text_build-3065_amd64.deb
- Type Sublime Text in the dash. Click the launcher icon.
- For Gnome, go to
Applications -> Programming -> Sublime Text
How to uninstall
To uninstall Sublime Text run the below commands in the terminal.
sudo dpkg -r sublime-text