Synfig Animation Studio is a powerful, industrial-strength vector-based 2D animation software, designed from the ground-up for producing feature-film quality animation with fewer people and resources.
It eliminates the need for tweening, preventing the need to hand-draw each frame. Synfig features spatial and temporal resolution independence (sharp and smooth at any resolution or framerate), high dynamic range images, and a flexible plugin system.ynfig Animation Studio is a powerful, industrial-strength vector-based 2D animation software, designed from the ground-up for producing feature-film quality animation with fewer people and resources.
After an extensive development, Synfig Studio version 1.0 is released.
Table of Contents
Synfig Studio Feature Summary
- Vector based elements
- Spatial resolution-independence
- Layer Support for all (geometric, gradients, filters, distortions, transformations, fractal etc)
- Temporal resolution independence
- Automatic generation of animation keyframes
- Better lighting effects, and improved color composition due to floating point image processing
- Tools to support tablets uses pens
- Path-based Gradients – gradients follow along a dawn shape
How to Install Synfig Studio
Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, elementary
Installation via deb files
Download the deb files from below link and install
Synfig Studio 1.0 amd64
- Type Synfig Studio in dash. Click the launcher icon.
- In the Menu: Applications -> Graphics -> Synfig Studio
Troubleshooting and Support
If you face any issues while installing or using Synfig Studio, you may drop a note using comment section at the end of this article, Or you can post your query in any of the support channels mentioned below.