Darktable 1.6.7 Released – A Photo Workflow Application and RAW Image Editor
Darktable is a RAW image development software and photo workflow application built in qt+/cairo, sqlite3, libraw etc. It manages your digital negatives in a database, lets you view them through a zoomable lighttable and enables you to develop raw images and enhance them.
Darktable recently released version 1.6.7.
Darktable 1.6.7 Feature Summary and bug fixes
- Security flaw fixed : CVE-2015-3885
- Improvements to facebook export
- Interpolation fixups
- Demosaic code cleanups
- Slideshow should handle very small images better
- Improve Olympus lens detection
- Various minor memory leak fixes
- Various other fixes
- Pentax (K-x) DNG old embedded preview left over is now removed
- Modern OSX display profile handling
Complete feature list available here.
How to install – using Terminal
To install Darktable 1.6.7 in Ubuntu using terminal run below commands in sequence. Enter password when prompted.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pmjdebruijn/darktable-release
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install darktable
To install in Fedora 22:
dnf install darktable
- Type Darktable in dash. Click the launcher icon.
- From menu, find it under Applications
Troubleshooting and Support
If you face any issues while installing or using Darktable, you may drop a note using comment section at the end of this article, Or you can post your query in any of the support channels mentioned below.
- Generic Ubuntu Forum: Ask Ubuntu
How to uninstall
To uninstall Darktable run below commands in terminal.
sudo apt-get remove darktable