qBittorrent is a Qt4 and libtorrent-rasterbar based torrent client available in all major Linux distributions – Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch etc. This torrent client is similar to the popular utorrent ad have many more extra features. qBittorrent recently released 3.2.0 version with improvement and bug fixes. Here’s a features summary and how-to install in Ubuntu and other distributions and uses.
Table of Contents
qBittorrent Feature Summary
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “Download in order”)
How to install – using Terminal
To install qBittorrent in Ubuntu using terminal run below commands in sequence. Enter password when prompted.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
sudo apt-get install qbittorrent
- Type qBittorrent in dash. Click the launcher icon.
- From Menu: Find it under
- Website: qBittorrent
- Download for other Linux distributions: download
- Source: qbittorrent-3.2.0.tar.gz
Troubleshooting and Support
If you face any issues while installing or using qBittorrent, you may drop a note using comment section at the end of this article, Or you can post your query in any of the support channels mentioned below.
- Online Forum: forum
- Generic Ubuntu Forum: Ask Ubuntu
How to uninstall
To uninstall qBittorrent run below commands in terminal.
sudo apt-get remove qbittorrent
If you like qBittorrent, you can donate any amount you wish to their official donation page to support ongoing developements and costs.