WebTorent Desktop allows you to stream your torrents.
WebTorrent allows you to play the movie torrent file while downloading, even if before download finishes. It comes with in-built video player as well.
It is capable of connecting BitTorrent and WebTorrent peers i.e. it can connect to peers running Transmission, uTorrent also pages like instant.io.
When launched, it comes with some pre-loaded CC full/short movies torrents which you can instantly click and play while it starts to download. You can also add your custom torrents using options provided.
Quick Look at the features
- Lightweight, fast torrent app
- Beautiful user experience
- Free, non-commercial, ad-free, and open source
- Instantly stream video and audio
- WebTorrent fetches file pieces from the network on demand for instant playback.
- Even when the file isn’t fully downloaded, seeking still works.
- Stream videos to AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA
- Based on the most popular and comprehensive torrent package in Node.js, webtorrent
- Full-featured, but bloat free
- Opens magnet links and .torrent files
- Drag-and-drop makes adding or creating torrents easy
- Discovers peers via tracker servers, DHT (Distributed Hash Table), and peer exchange
- Supports the WebTorrent protocol for connecting to WebRTC peers (i.e. web browsers)
How to Download and Install
This app comes with pre-built executables for Ubuntu, Linux Mint and other derivatives; Windows and Mac as well.
To install in Ubuntu Xenial Xerus, Linux Mint (64 bit) run below commands from terminal. After installation, open it from application menu.
wget https://github.com/feross/webtorrent-desktop/releases/download/v0.16.0/webtorrent-desktop_0.16.0-1_amd64.deb sudo gdebi whatsie-2.1.0-linux-amd64.deb
For other download options – visit this page.